Caregiver

Having a hard time knowing how to start a conversation with your loved one about moving into an assisted living neighborhood? Click here to read articles about being a caregiver and helping your loved one transition and making it smoother. It should not be hard let us help you make it easier.


Is Assisted Living The Right Option For Your Loved One?

Is assisted living the right option for your loved one? This isn’t an easy question to answer. But, the good thing is that you don’t have to decide alone. Confide in your loved ones doctors, friends and other family member, and weigh out the pros and cons. Your final decision will hinder on answering two...

View Article

How To Prepare For Assisted Living As A Family

Emotionally Preparing For Assisted Living As A Family The move into assisted living can be an emotional decision and process for everyone. From sorting through possessions to adjusting to a new living environment, you want to be emotionally prepared to offer understanding and support to your loved one moving into assisted living. Typically, the first...

View Article

Essential Assisted Living Questions To Ask The Staff

Get Informed: Questions To Ask Assisted Living Staff Spending time with a loved one in assisted living is essential for their well-being and a great way for them to stay connected with their family and friends. While you may not be able to visit daily or weekly, it is important to take time during each...

View Article

Assisted Living Conversation Starters For Caregivers

Your parents have been there for you through the hiccups and triumphs throughout your entire life. You have gone to them for help and guidance for concerns both big and small. Is it time to switch roles and consider doing the same for them? The conversation may be uncomfortable however it is inevitable, your parent...

View Article

Benefits of a Memory Box for Assisted Living Residents

Space can be tight in an assisted living community, making it difficult to keep lots of trinkets and items from home around. When your loved one moves into an assisted living setting it is important to help that loved one keep trinkets, items and souvenirs around that remind them of their family, life and fondest...

View Article

Important Signs It’s Time For A Nursing Home

Is It Time For A Nursing Home According to the National Association of Area Agencies on Aging reports, ‘of the almost 6 million adults age 65 and over with long-term care needs, only 20% receive care services in a nursing home or other institutional setting, with the remaining 80% receiving assistance at home and in...

View Article

3 Ways Senior Caregivers Can Help With Emotions

Having the discussion about transitioning to assisted living for your loved one can be emotional for everyone involved. As a senior caregiver, not only are you helping them close a chapter of their life, but you’re also helping them re-design and build a new one together. The process is inherently emotional because it is often...

View Article

How To Stay In Touch With An Assisted Living Resident

The big moving day in now complete and you’re sadly saying goodbye to your loved one so they can settle into their new home. The moments after helping them finish their move into assisted living can be bittersweet as you enter a new chapter of their life and your relationship with them. Whether you’re 10-minutes...

View Article

5 Family-Friendly Independent Living Activities To Try Now

It doesn’t matter if you walk down the street or fly across the entire world to visit someone you love in an independent living community… it will likely be difficult for both of you to adjust to this new environment. This is a tricky transition for everyone involved, and it’s common for family dynamics to...

View Article